Maintenance Manager – Manufacturing
Our client is a well-respected manufacturer and leader in their space. They have retained Cameron Lappin of the Lock Search Group to partner with them in their search for a Maintenance Manager to lead and support their Vancouver production facility.
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for supervising and managing a team of Technicians to effectively support this high-paced production facility. The successful candidate will be responsible for making sure that all the processes run safely and smoothly, while keeping a close eye on the equipment utilization and preventative maintenance programs. The successful candidate will also balance the important duties of scheduling, productivity, and yield management; as well work closely with other departments to maximize results and strive for ongoing continuous improvement.
- Collaborate and report site equipment information in efforts to make critical decisions
- Implement and enforce company policies including environmental and health and safety procedures
- Plan and follow-up on daily activities while maintaining building operations, including heating, air, fire protection system, and security
- Work with Quality Control and Production departments to contribute to the efficiency and safety of equipment
- Optimize cost savings for all departments of the site
- Establish and ensure proper execution of division strategies including preparation for Audits
- Implement and analyze all relevant company production strategies
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or relevant discipline in Millwright Discipline
- Red Seal Certification is highly preferred by our client
- Electrical Certification is an asset
- 5+ years of direct supervisory / management experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and across multiple departments
- Ability to lead, motivate, coach, and mentor employees
- Ability to consistently meet targets and deadlines that align with production expectations
- Ability to think critically, problem-solve, and make effective decisions day to day
- Brings a high level of energy, and has the ability to be flexible
- Strong salary, bonus incentive, vacation and benefits program (including RRSP Matching)!
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity in which you would like to explore, please submit your resume in confidence to Cameron Lappin using the “Apply” button for immediate consideration!
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with a dozen offices in Canada, a staff of more than 50 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.