Product Manager, Marketing
Our client is a multi-billion dollar international family business in the Foodservice industry. They have asked Dave Dureno of Lock Search Group to assist them in their search for a Product Manager, Marketing, to join their team in Mississauga, ON.
Be involved in the development and implementation of all marketing plans associated with the Foodservice Sector’s Annual Plan and Revenue targets.
Key Job Functions
1. Launch new products that meet the needs of the customer and drive the business.
- Take the lead across product creation and rebranding
- Work with, and as part of, multi-functional teams (R&D, Procurement, QA, Finance, Sales) to create products/new ways to meet our customer’s needs
- Worth with Sales, as well as external partners (as necessary) to perform competitive analysis.
- Alongside Category Management and support from external partners, perform your own market and product research
- Ensure costing of new products is in line with business targets and monitor new product profits and losses to confirm they are in line with revenue targets
- Create packaging that meets all the necessary standards and requirements, both internally and externally
2. Preserve existing and develop new marketing and sales tools for internal sales team, brokers and customers network.
- Work with external partners to create Point of Sale and marketing materials, as well as ways to sustain product line and priority Marketing and Sales activities
- Supervise promotional and trade advertising activities, including attending key trade shows.
- Recommend events/marketing activities to participate in and assist in outlining products to demonstrate, promote and recommend for various event
- Preserve all product info reference materials
- Answer all product related inquires i.e. nutritional, complaints, etc.
- With external support, preserve the information and updates published on our website
- Report to Sales and Broker networks quarterly
- Maintain relevant Foodservice information on our internal systems
3. Business Plan & Budget Management
- Take the lead in developing our Annual marketing plan for the Foodservice Sector, including new products and marketing activities
- Implement all marketing plans as per the Foodservice Sector’s Annual Plan
- Be involved in budget discussions for Foodservice across all metrics (Gross Revenue, Net Revenue, Profit)
- Maintain 1st year forecast for innovation
- Take responsibility for P&L for all existing products in Foodservice, as well as make suggestions for product improvement
- Take responsibility for the Foodservice Marketing Budget, including an on-going understanding of actuals vs planned/ committed
4. Financial and business administration
- Submit all Foodservice Marketing invoices
- Preserve price lists, product and customer hierarchies, customer pricing records, SAP conditions
- Work with your team to implement P/O and release strategy
- Maintain all internal Foodservice Project trackers
- 2 – 5 years of marketing/product management experience preferably in the Foodservice space
- College or University degree
- Must have experience with launching new products in Foodservice
- Track record of delivering products with applied strong project management skills
- Ability to lead and work with multi-functional partners and stakeholders to plan and implement multiple projects and priorities
- Ability to work both independently and as a strong team player
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume in confidence to Dave Dureno via the “apply now” button.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with a dozen offices in Canada, a staff of more than 50 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.