Our client is a Canadian organization in the transportation industry. Due to a retirement, they have asked Michael Villeneuve to assist them in their search for a General Manager to join their team in Alexandria, ON.
The General Manager’s primary responsibility is to serve as the primary contact for internal and external customers involving all aspects of the business and support. Other responsibilities include processing all aspect of vehicles fleet renewal, annual client rates renewal, monitor, confirm and prepare monthly and quarterly reports, regulate corporate funds and accounts, provide guidance on financial solvency.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- 8-10 years experience as a senior leader in the transportation industry
- 5 years + with P&L management
- Advanced computer skills (especially in Excel) are essential
- Experience working with MTO regulation
- Strong communication skills to provide effective communication in both English and French
- Good experience with a Transportation Management System or in the transportation industry is a strong asset
- Experience with SAP is preferred
- Ability to apply basic tax regulations as needed
- Strong critical thinking and analytical aptitude
- Well organized with solid judgment, able to multitask and work independently
- Experience designing, implementing and testing internal controls
- Experience in new ERP & Accounting software implementations
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume in confidence to Michael Villeneuve via the “apply now” button.