Our client, an innovative company in the recreative cannabis sector, is looking for a Quality Assurance Manager to join their team. The Manager will be responsible for ensuring that quality systems are established and maintained and that the site quality systems are consistent with corporate policies and with the applicable regulations.
- Ensure that quality systems are established, implemented, and maintained in compliance with the GPP and/or GMP and other regulatory requirements, as applicable.
- Supervise site personnel responsible for quality functions including Alternate QAPs.
- Carry out responsibilities of the Quality Assurance Person (QAP) in accordance with GPP.
- Investigate every complaint received in respect of product quality and, if necessary, take corrective and preventative measures.
- Assure that the quality of batches/lots of products before they are made available for sale.
- Determine suitability of raw materials, container closures, packaging, and labelling for use in production. Determine batch/lot disposition for bulk and finished products.
- Establish procedures and quality systems for environmental monitoring, security, testing, facilities & equipment calibration, qualification & maintenance.
- Carry out product recalls according to the applicable regulations and other quality and regulatory requirements as required.
- Train, mentor and assist other personnel to attain Alternate QAP status.
- Ensure that complaints, deviations, investigations, corrective, and preventative actions are performed according to quality requirements.
- Compile and analyze quality indicators to identify improvements to quality systems and quality compliance and implement improvements.
- Prepare site and site personnel for and support site inspections by Health Canada and other regulatory inspections.
- Perform Internal GPP audits of the site and conduct GPP training of site personnel.
- Assist with Health Canada regulatory submissions to support the license and the CTLS.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in cannabis, chemistry, microbiology, pharmaceutical
- sciences, food sciences or related field in science.
- Min 10 years of experience in QA in Health Canada regulated (GPP and/or GMP) environment.
- Experience in management, an asset.
- Experience being main QA contact with Health Canada during Health Canada site inspections.
- Approved QAP (with Health Canada security clearance) of a cannabis site with Std. Cultivation,
- Std. Processing and Sales license.
- Professional proficiency (bilingual) in French and English (verbal and written).
- Excellent adaptability and flexibility.
- Excellent capacity for analysis, good judgment, and critical skills.
- Capacity to prioritize and execute several projects at the same time and with a minimal supervision.
- Strong leadership and team spirit.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written and people skills.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to Céline Chabée at firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating “Quality Assurance Manager” in the title of the email.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.