Senior Financial Analyst
Our client, a global organization in the medical device industry have asked Michael Villeneuve of Lock Search Group to assist them in their search for a Senior Financial Analyst in Montreal.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, the Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible to partner closely and strategically with the Business Unit leaders to prepare the Annual Operating Plan (AOP), prepare quarterly forecast revisions, calculate quarterly sales incentive payments and provide other financial management support to the BU.
- Perform and analyze financial modeling, economic research, trends and studies subjects such as rates of return, depreciation, working capital, cash flow, investments, and cost against budget, variance analysis, forecasting, financial planning and expense comparisons by analysis of profit and loss statements and/or income statements.
- Prepare reports of findings and recommendations, compile and consolidate financial plans and provide insights to management.
- Develop, maintain, and establish operational specifications for financial information systems considering such things as information flow, volume, ad hoc reporting, and analysis.
- Work with Business Unit on Annual Operating Plan, forecasting and strategic planning to support the achievement of AOP.
- Provide analytical and business partnering support for the BU including financial statement analysis, gross margin analysis, business performance commentary, forecasting, and strategic planning.
- Provide on-going financial presentation support.
- Prepare Incentive calculations for sales, marketing, and business unit leaders - including monthly & quarterly accruals, customer alignments, territory alignments and annual business alignment.
- Develop and maintain sales and financial reports to support business, using ERP (SAP) and other sales reporting tools.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance, required.
- Advanced degree in accounting/finance/business, an asset.
- 4+ years of experience in accounting or financial analysis.
- CPA or MBA or CFA, an asset.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Comfortable and articulate in presenting financial results to a large audience.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to handle ambiguity.
- Ability to manage several projects or tasks.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and strong influence management skills.
- Advanced Excel required (macros, pivot tables).
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume to Michael Villeneuve via the “apply now” now button.
You can also submit your resume directly to Michael Villeneuve at firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating “Senior Financial Analyst” in the title of the email.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.