**Looking for Ontario based scientists looking to relocate to Montreal**
Our client is seeking an experienced scientist to assume a hands-on role as part of a scientific team responsible for assessing the in vivo pharmacology and efficacy of novel pre-clinical anticancer compounds. The scientist will be involved in evaluating drug combinations with targeted agents and with immuno-oncology therapeutics, establishing detailed PK/PD relationships, therapeutic window and performing mechanism-of-action studies.
- The level of position responsibilities will be adjusted according to the candidate’s background and experience level;
- To identify and implement clinically relevant rodent models in which to evaluate the in vivo efficacy of novel anticancer compounds;
- To research, identify and develop relevant pharmacodynamic markers to monitor compound target engagement in vivo;
- To develop pharmacodynamic assays to quantitatively track target engagement in blood and/or tumor tissues by western blot, ELISA, bead proximity, IHC, qRT-PCR, FACS or other means;
- To harvest tumor and tissue samples from treated animals and establish PK/PD and toxicity relationships in vivo.To process blood and tissue samples for monitoring PD markers, hematological and tissue toxicities;
- To conduct drug PK/PD modeling to optimize dose/scheduling and therapeutic window;
- To communicate results at project team meetings and be involved in the coordination and preparation of presentations, reports and manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals;
- To maintain detailed laboratory notes and protocols;
- The successful candidate may be required to work non-standard hours from time to time, including occasional weekend and statutory holidays as required by on-going experiments.
- MSc or PhD in biological sciences and minimum of 3 years relevant experience;
- Experience in oncology, DNA repair and/or chromatin remodelling is essential;
- A strong background in cell biology and quantitative cell-based assay development using various modalities including FACS is essential;
- Diverse experience in cell and molecular biology techniques to monitor PK/PD relationships is essential;
- Experience in pre-clinical drug discovery in an industrial setting is an asset;
- Experience in small animal handling, preferentially in carrying out pre-clinical rodent oncology models is an asset;
- Experience with pharmacodynamic modelling software is an asset;
- Ability to communicate in an open, clear, timely and consistent manner;
- Outstanding organizational skills (lab book, experimental design, documentation etc.);
- Ability to handle multiple projects and utilize judgement to prioritize tasks;
- Ability to contribute as a team member in a dynamic, fast-paced biotech environment.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume using the "Apply Now" button or send directly to Bryan Forrest at email@example.com
Please note only qualified candidates will be contacted.